Wednesday 2 July 2014

Taking on Salesforce Advanced Developer Certification [DEV 501] - Part 1 - the MCQ

After a long wait ! I am here with my experience on Salesforce Advanced Developer Certification [DEV 501]. 

Which statement is true about Visualforce syntax? Choose 2 answers

a. The <apex:controller> tag must be used to declare the page controller
b. Standard component attribute must be overridden using <apex:attribute>
c. Component attribute values must be surrounded by double quotes
d. A Visualforce page must start with the <apex:page> tag

You see, thats one of the most hardest question which I've got on DEV 501 MCQ. So, this must have boosted the confidence in you for the exam. 

First of all if you are in Salesforce & unaware of this examination, then I consider you to read the basics outlet over this Salesforce Link.

DEV 501 is considered to be one of the most toughest and important exam in Salesforce Certifications but for me DEV 501 [MCQ] was the easiest of the Certifications which I've done, the reason being my touch to Salesforce Development. 

Remember, You do not have to be an expert coder for this exam and you need to hold your nerves if you are a breed of intermediate developer or higher race.If you are a 
developer with the Developer Certification [DEV 401] and you have kept your hands dirty into Apex and Visualforce for about 4-5 mid level descent project then you may be a happy candid to appear for the exam. 

There are certain points conceptually and then technically which you need to cover up as a homework before going into the Certification. 

1. Do not jump into DEV 501 soon as you clear DEV 401, we are humans not Superman ! With time everything will come to you, Give some time to the Time. 
2. I know this one will hurt you bad but yes Reading the complete Apex Developer Guide & Visualforce Developer Guide would confirm that you are going to bring the certification to your email box. 
3. The Magical Training Videos - I have never been a fan of Training Videos before DEV 501 MCQ, but I would say that these are the real dumps which you can look for. If you do not have access to the videos, grab the course DEV 501 book. Just to make you more excited on this, almost every slide you go through in Salesforce DEV 501 Training Video will be a question in the certification exam. Consider this as Dumps as I did. 

4. After Registration, Do not worry ! Hold your nerves in the Paper, Trust me it is easier than DEV 401 if you are aware of the basic Apex constructs and Yeah ! do express your feelings loudly when you are clear. 

Technically, the following topics I find very important to study, but certainly of no use if you have watched the Training Salesforce Videos. 

Order of Execution
Apex Add Error Messge 
Salesforce Set Controller Basics 
SOQL statement [Remember ID is extracted by default, when you fire a query]
Apex Action Methods 
Debug Logs 
Custom Components Basics 
Migration Tool Basics
Types of Sandbox 
Test Class and their Limits Bascis 
Dynamic Apex Defitions 
Standard Controller Class & Custom Controller Class 
Visualforce Templates [this screwed me up.]
Email Services [the most logical and standard question which I came across]


The questions are  straight forward. Just as DEV 401 checks whether you know the Salesforce UI basics or not and do not confirms if you are an expert into it the same way DEV 501 is to confirm that you have done coding and not to check that you were the best coder in the town. 

Go for the paper ! Hold Your nerves ! Remember many humans have cleared this and this paper is designed by humans and so you are ! :) 
Do let me know if I can help or in any way I have helped you through this blog. I will be happy ! :) 

I am waiting for the assignment and sooner will share the experience over it as well. 

what if DEV 501 cleared ? find the Salesforce DEV 502 Course - Integration cannot be explained better and beautiful than that .. !! Sooner will share some good insight for it. 


Intermediate Developers & Cross Trained Salesforce Persons stay connected, I have my own book on Apex Design Patterns for you coming very soon a guide to make you confident enough to make you experienced !! 

Also , 

Packt is celebrating 10 years of success with over 2000 Titles in its Library. To celebrate this huge milestone, Packt is offering all of its eBooks and Videos at just $10 each. This campaign is specifically aimed towards thanking all our customers for their support and opening up our comprehensive range of titles just for $10 each. It covers every title and customers can stock up on as many copies as they like until July 5th.

Stay Tuned 
Happy DEV 501 ! Happy coding ! 
Salesforce-um-Bhavah !! 

9 comments:

  1. Where we wil find the Magical Training Videos ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Magical Training Videos aka the Training Videos. If your company is a partner with Salesforce, you can ask your manager to create a login for you to watch the watchful videos.

    Those are partner training videos which I am referring to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool!

    What about the ppt, you are talking about..where i will find it ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rudra,

    in the partner training videos, you''ll come across the slides which the instructor would be passing through. if you are not able to reach to the videos, you can search for the specific PPT for DEV 501 Course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the information about salesforce and its certification features..Its really very informative and useful for me..

    Salesforce Training

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gautam,

    I have read Apex and VisualForce book ,but i dont know how to do practice and how the questions will come in exam specially related to topics you mentioned(Email Services and Developer console).Will you please help me?

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    I am new to salesforce but have plenty of programming experience in C# and java. Do I need to take DEV 401 in order to attend DEV 501 class. Can I take DEV 501 first and then take DEV 401 if necessary?? I believe 401 is mostly configuration and 501 is programming.

    ReplyDelete


  8. I have seen only the same thing is reapeating in many blogs, but your blog includes the unique content with many recent updates about the Hadoop technology. Thank you for sharing with us, I also like to share your blog to my

    friends.


    Regards:
    Hadoop Training Chennai |
    Hadoop Course in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  9. Certified Force.com Advanced Developer is the only certification where your career is guaranteed with a lot of benefits in the IT industry. However, completing it is a challenge that can cause you to scratch your head even when looking for DEV-501 Practice Exam. Moving on further with my exams was also quite a problematic task for me. All of that until I found a great braindumps site called Realexamdumps.com for the training of my exams. With effective design, latest study guides as well as the best Apex and Visualforce Controllers Exam Dumps, I was ready for my exam perfectly. Go and see all that yourself.

    ReplyDelete